Hur blir man frilansare?

Hur blir man frilansare? Var ska jag starta och hur ska jag gå tillväga?

Jag har skrivit Frilansarguiden som sammanfattar de 17 steg som du behöver ta för att bli frilansare och egenföretagare. De är sammanfattade här: Frilansarguiden - Hur du blir frilansare | By Anna Leijon

1 gillning

Hi, Anna, thank you for a wonderful blog with many handy tips!

I want to start my freelance journey in Sweden with international background. I wonder if I can just send out my resume to the companies without a broker? Can this be a good option or is it a bad idea? and why?

Also I wonder if it is common for employers to ask for a letter of a reference from previous projects|employers from a freelancer like they normally do for regular job applications?

Will be grateful to get some clarification on these questions!

1 gillning

@Digitalbiz hello and thank you for your question :slight_smile: good to hear that you have enjoyed my website!

It is absolutely a good idea to send out a consultancy CV to brokers directly. However, note that it should be adapted to a consultancy CV and not a regular CV, in my opinion. Here you find the best tips on how to create a consultancy CV: CV-mall för konsulter och frilansare | By Anna Leijon
a consultnacy CV is generally much longer and less about you or you as a person and more about what you have done in the past in detail. It is a good idea to “take the temperature” and get a feeling for if you are sellable (attractive) on the freelancing market. I believe brokers know this best. All brokers available in sweden are gathered here: Lista På Konsultmäklare i Sverige | By Anna Leijon
i would send no no less than 5. Preferably more!

Your second question: no it is not. A few brokers do this, but never clients. I have never had to do this in my 7 year long freelancing career. It is up to the broker generally. If you have a solid Linkedin, maybe an own website and solid resume with some good experience, then I dont think that would be an issue, but otherwise maybe yes! I came straight from a pretty well-known IT consultancy agency, which every knows about in Sweden so I was probably “pre-vetted”, so to say.

Best of luck and let us know if you have any more questions! The full freelancing guide is available here: Frilansarguiden - Hur du blir frilansare | By Anna Leijon

1 gillning